My first ever tag blog post on WordPress!
Hello my loves!
First of all, I would like to say I am sorry that I haven’t blogged in a while.. I had to deal with some work, family, and love problems and I just really needed some time off. But the great news is I AM BACK! I will really try to be more consistent this time.
In early January, I’ve been tagged by my first ever follower and my first ever blogger friend, Paula on this tag called “Beauty Blogger Awards.” This kind of tags are similar to the tag videos that Youtubers do online and I am so excited to take part on this! Thank you so much Paula for tagging me on this and I am sorry if it took some time. Also, the cover photo credit goes to Paula!
Here are the rules:
- Tag the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the questions you were given
- Nominate 10 bloggers whose blog is about beauty/lifestyle/fashion
- Name 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Inform the bloggers you chose that you nominated them!
My questions from Paula are the following:
- What kind of foundation do you use?
- What is your favorite Lipstick shade?
- How often do you wash your brushes?
- Have you ever tried applying make up on other people?
- If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
- What’s the most expensive thing in your make up collection?
- What’s the most inexpensive thing in your make up collection ( but works really great!)
- What are the products that you regret buying?
- What are your fashion staples?
- What is your best skincare advice?
Time to answer those questions!
- What kind of foundation do you use?
Cover Girl’s Ready, Set, Gorgeous!
I have been dealing with acne for quite a while now and it is such a struggle having an oily and acne-prone skin. However, recently I’ve been going to my dermatologist very consistently and she recommended that I use ONLY oil-free make-up products that are matte, products that won’t clog my pores and that won’t break me out! Since then I’ve been on a hunt for one and so far, I have found Cover Girl’s Ready, Set, Gorgeous Foundation as a miracle worker! It doesn’t break me out and it doesn’t clog my pores. It looks very natural and it feels very light. It doesn’t cake as well which is a plus! Girls, give this a try if you have oily and acne-prone skin!
*Available at Metro and SM Department Stores
2. What is your favorite Lipstick shade?
Maybelline New York’s Pink Me Up
I’m very much into nude-ish pink shades of lipstick. I don’t really like wearing bold and bright lipsticks because I don’t think they suit me well due to the shape of my lips and I tend to always go for the “natural” make-up look. I like keeping it simple and natural. May favorite nude-ish pink lipstick is this one from Maybelline New York in the shade Pink Me Up. This lipstick is very affordable and it’s like a lip balm, a lipstick, and a lip gloss rolled into one!
**Available at PCX, Watsons, Metro and SM Department Stores
3. How often do you wash your brushes?
I wash my brushes every week but the “washing” day tends to change though. It depends on my schedule for the week but I usually do it on Sundays! It’s very important to wash your brushes frequently so that bacteria will not build up on your brushes and it won’t transfer to your face which may cause breakouts or other reactions on the skin.
4. Have you ever tried applying make up on other people?
I love doing other people’s make-up! But I only do it for fun and as a hobby not professionally. I sometimes help my sister, Leslie when she does her make-up! But I mostly do my little nieces make-up! Yes, I know she’s young but I do not put on a full face make-up on her. I only do her eyes! Follow me on snapchat and you’ll get a lot of snippets when I do her make-up! She’s very kikay/girly!
5. If you could leave the house using just ONE make up item,what would you use?
If I could leave the house using only one make-up item, it would be concealer. As I have said, I have been dealing with acne for quite a while now, although it’s much better today since I’ve been going to my dermatologist regularly, I still have dark spots from my old pimples. So, having a concealer to use every day would help even out my skin tone and I’ll be more confident about skin.
6. What’s the most expensive thing in your make up collection?
The most expensive make-up product on my collection is my Nars Amsterdam Lipstick. I love how it’s semi-matte but it doesn’t dry out my lips. The color is a little bit out of my comfort zone, since it’s a pretty vampy look but what I love about this product is that it is very buildable and you can wear it sheer if you just dab it on your lips or you could also sport the full and bold vampy colored lip.
**Available at Rustans, Metro and SM Department Stores
7. What’s the most inexpensive thing in your make up collection ( but works really great!)
Nichido’s Dark Brown Eyeliner
The most inexpensive product on my make-up collection is my Nichido Dark Brown Eyeliner! It’s affordable but this is such a miracle worker and multi-functional! And by multifunctional, I mean with the ways that I use it. Generally the product can be used as an eyeliner and an eyebrow pencil but I discovered and added another function on this product! It also serves as a contouring tool! It’s an eyeliner that you could easily smudge but it also stays for a decent amount of time. If you want to see a tutorial on it, let me know and I might do it very soon!
**Available at Watsons, Metro and SM Department Stores
8. What are the products that you regret buying?
I don’t really have a product that I really regretted buying due to it’s use or function. But the ones that I regret are the products that I bought because there was a hype over it and learning later on that it’s either too light for my skin, it’s not too pigmented, the product’s not worth the hype or money, or it’s not an oil-free product so it broke me out.
Here are some of the products that I regret buying:
Cover Girl’s Tru Blend Concealer in Medium
Pros: Medium to High Coverage
Cons: Hard to blend, very sticky, and has a smell
Maybelline New York’s Dream Mate Mousse
Pros: Medium Coverage, Mouse to Powder Finish
Cons: Not an OIL-FREE product, clogged my pores, broke me out
Revlon Photoready Sculpting Blush Palette
Pros: A wonderful trio that has a blush, contour powder, and a highlighter
Cons: All have shimmers in them, not very pigmented
9. What are your fashion staples?
- A classic bag with a solid color or a trademark pattern (like Louis Vuitton or Chanel) that could go with many different outfits and colors
- Great pair of black and blue denim jeans
- Black ballet flats
- Nude pumps/wedges/heels
- White polo (It can be worn casually, at work, or in gatherings)
- White V-neck shirt
- Black shorts
10. What is your best skincare advice?
Always wash your face before you go to sleep even if you had a not so good and long day. NEVER SLEEP WITH YOUR MAKE-UP ON! It will cause you to breakout, make your skin oily and make your pores bigger. In the same manner, also wash your face when you wake up in the morning to get rid of the oil and bacteria that built up overnight!
Most of all, DRINK LOTS OF WATER!
I tag these lovely people!
Here are my questions for you!
- When did you start wearing make-up?
- Do you use a primer? If so, which primer do you prefer to use?
- What is your favorite foundation and why do you think it’s the best one out there?
- In applying your make-up products such as foundation, concealers and the like, do you prefer using a beauty blender, brushes, or your hands?
- Do you do contouring, strobing, or baking? What are you thoughts about it?
- What products are in your everyday make-up bag?
- What is your ultimate trick in making your make-up stay all day and all night?
- Did you ever think of making a youtube channel? If so, why? If not, why?
- Who is your favorite beauty guru?
- What is your best skincare advice?
That’s all for now! Thank you for dropping by and I will talk to you again soon!